PS3 Saves - Complete How-To Guide HERE

Save Files Specifically for the American FPR. Must be logged in to See/Download files.
Forum rules
Save files for North American FPR ONLY
FPC Rules - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2
FPC FPR Port Page - http://www.fireproclub.com/fprusa.html

PS3 Saves - Complete How-To Guide HERE

Postby ravenl0rd on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:45 pm

Ok, due to the unending questions about how to get saves on the PS3, I am requesting that this get stickied.

Now, first you will need either a USB flash drive or a memory card that both your PS3 and PC can use.

1. Plug the drive/card into your computer and open it up to view the files on it.

2. On the drive/card, create a folder called PS3.

3. In the PS3 folder, create another folder called EXPORT.

4. In the EXPORT folder, create another folder called PSV.

5. Drag and drop saves with the .psv extension into the PSV folder. Keep in mind that you can only have one FPR save in that folder since they are all the same filename.

6. Plug your drive/card into your PS3 and go to your PS2/PS1 Memory Card Utility. It is located above the Games in your XBM.

7. Now, go to your memory card/USB drive which is located above the memory cards.

8. Open it up and you will see your save. Press triangle on it and you will see an option to copy it. Choose this option and copy it to a virtual memory card.

9. Assign that card to a slot and play! SUCCESS! You did it!
Last edited by ravenl0rd on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
ravenl0rd
FPC Hooligan

Re: PS3 Saves - Sticky please.

Postby PlayingKarrde on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:46 am

Good idea. I was thinking about writing this myself. One suggestion though would be to change Memory Card Manager to Memory Card Utility. I've seen at least three people say they can't find Memory Card Manager when common sense would tell you what it's meant to be.

Also, I think a lot of PS3 conversions (well at least mine) already have the directory structure within the zip file so you can really just drag the contents to your USB/Flash memory and it will keep the folder structure.

Otherwise, bang on.
Ahab says I don't care who you are, here's to your dream.

Here's to you Ahab!
PlayingKarrde
FPC Hooligan

Postby ravenl0rd on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:54 am

I fixed the utility thing. Thanks, PlayingKarrde.
ravenl0rd
FPC Hooligan

Postby NOVA79 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:39 am

Question though...if I want to use MULTIPLE saves (i.e. using more than 1 "virtual" memory card), how do I do this? I tried to create a new Memory Card and save it onto there, but when I chose to load from "slot 2", it doesn't recognize another memory card.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks.
NOVA79
New Blood

Re: PS3 Saves - Complete How-To Guide HERE

Postby PlayingKarrde on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:47 pm

You have your base save on your first memory card and the edits you want to transfer over on your second card.

Load up the game, go to Data and then go to Copy Wrestler Data (or whatever it is). You then load your second memory card and proceed to copy the wrestlers over to your edit wrestler slots.

Simple.

Here's to you Ahab!
PlayingKarrde
FPC Hooligan

Postby NOVA79 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:15 pm

PlayingKarrde wrote:You have your base save on your first memory card and the edits you want to transfer over on your second card.

Load up the game, go to Data and then go to Copy Wrestler Data (or whatever it is). You then load your second memory card and proceed to copy the wrestlers over to your edit wrestler slots.

Simple.

But what I'm having problems with is that for some reason, the game doesn't recognize my other internal memory card as being for virtual "slot #2"
NOVA79
New Blood

Postby ravenl0rd on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:53 pm

Ok, you need to create another virtual memory card in the utility. Then, press triangle on it and press x on the "assign slots" option in the menu that pops up. Assign the memory card to the desired slot from there.
ravenl0rd
FPC Hooligan

Postby Bartlett on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Good post, I just wrote something similar on the FPR America board. I'm gonna tag it on here too, just to help people out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Exactly. The PS3 just needs the files copied from the Flash to the designated virtual memory card.

For PS3 users:

Copy a .PSV file onto your flash ex: Rev's88
Plug your flash into a port
Go into virtual memory manager
Create a NEW Memory card for EACH Edit pack you want to sample. I find it easy to name the card after the file it will be hosting ex: Virtual card named Rev's88
Copy the PSV from your flash to the newly created card
Now highlight that card ( Rev's88 ) and press Triangle, then assign the card as your Slot 2
Highlight your internal card that has your Base save ( the one that you use for options, title data, etc ) and assign it to slot 1.
Boot the game, and to see the packs, go into load logo/wrestler from the Data screen
Load from memory card 2
All the wrestlers/logos that are on your Base save card and the PSV can be seen here
Copy whatever wrestlers/logos you want to your 1st card

Back out and save your settings to Memory Card 1.

You need to do this for each PSV you save. For example I have 1 internal card for my FirePro base save, and 7 other ones that contain edit packs. Remember, no memory card can hold more then one PSV file on it at a time, so don't copy Rev's88 PSV and Kagura's PSV to the same card, one will be overwritten.

But the beauty of the PS3 is this, once you have all your cards setup, you may then simply press your PS button and assign different virtual cards to Slot 1 or 2 on the fly. Example of this, I have all my WWF logos saved to one card ( WWFLogos ). After getting some wrestlers off Captain Howdy's pack, I can switch out a memory card and load my WWFLogos and use them for a ring.

All the file switching can be done without ever quitting the game, recopying files to the flash, etc.
The PS3 is the easiest way to streamline your file sharing with this game.

Please note, if you haven't already, that you must have a 60 or 20 gig PS3 to even play FirePro. Not sure about the 80 since it uses emulation for PS2 games and FirePro may not be supported, but the 40 gig is definetely out of the question.

Sorry for this long post, hope it helps fellow PS3 users out.
Bartlett
Young Lion

Postby ravenl0rd on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:20 pm

Good post as well. Thank you, sir.
ravenl0rd
FPC Hooligan

Postby KiddGrimm on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:33 pm

I'm trying to use an American base rename save but when I'm in the game and go to load it says "No fire pro wrestling returns data found"

It says this for any save I try to use in any slot. What am I doing wrong? I followed the guide step by step...
KiddGrimm
Young Lion

Postby xxevansxx on Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:38 pm

KiddGrimm wrote:I'm trying to use an American base rename save but when I'm in the game and go to load it says "No fire pro wrestling returns data found"

It says this for any save I try to use in any slot. What am I doing wrong? I followed the guide step by step...

I'm guessing the problem is that you are trying to use a .max file (or whatever other save device extension), rather than a .psv file, which is what is needed to open up the save on the PS3. I sat there last night for a couple hours trying to figure out how to convert a .max file to .psv, but sadly, there is no program that will do it for you.
The Order of the Neo Solar Temple
xxevansxx
New Blood

Postby BOAZ14 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:11 pm

Help please. I have downloaded a save that is not a max drive save. I have saved it to slot one for virtual memory. But when I start the game on the ps3 it says no memory card data found like it's looking for a ps2 memory card. Where did I go wrong?
BOAZ14
Young Lion

Postby PlayingKarrde on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:05 pm

BOAZ14 wrote:Help please. I have downloaded a save that is not a max drive save. I have saved it to slot one for virtual memory. But when I start the game on the ps3 it says no memory card data found like it's looking for a ps2 memory card. Where did I go wrong?

Just because it's not .max doesn't mean it's for the PS3.

Is it a .psv file? If so are you sure you have it in the right folder? There are lots of posts on this thread that might be the answer you're looking for. Have you tried everything suggested here?

Here's to you Ahab!
PlayingKarrde
FPC Hooligan

Postby BOAZ14 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:51 pm

Yes I'm sure it is a ps3 save and the save is in the psv folder. I named it and found it in the memory card utiility. I saved it to slot one. But when I turn the game on and it looks for any saved data it states no memory found!

Ah! I figured out my problem. When I transferred my save to the thumb drive I had already extracted it from the .psv folder. I went back to the PS3 folder and it worked! Thanks for all of you guys help
Last edited by BOAZ14 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOAZ14
Young Lion

Postby ravenl0rd on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:26 am

So you are sure that the save ends in .psv?
ravenl0rd
FPC Hooligan

Postby Bartlett on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:54 am

Off the top of my head try loading a save from slot 2 instead of slot 1. If the file is a JPN save and is converted, though EDIT friendly, it may not be entirely compatible as a base file for a US version. I dunno.

I know everyone is saying it to you, but delete everything and try over. DL it again, save and transfer again, etc. and go step for step again. It should work. Know that doesn't entirely help you but its the best I can offer.

And remember, just the .PSV file is not what needs to be transferred. The entire file structre is required. Any converted packs from Playing Karrde feature it this way already done for you. Try one of his saves and just drag the PS3 folder onto your flash.

Hope something works man.
Bartlett
Young Lion

Postby JayMax on Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:50 am

Thank you Bartlett, very, very, very helpful.
JayMax
New Blood

Postby kasillas88 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:54 am

OK, I read this post a million times and I'm still getting "no saved game data" on my PS3. So here is exactly what I'm doing please tell me what I'm doing wrong. :oops:
- I open my usb on my comp and delete all my past college assignments. Make 1 folder titled PS3 and inside that a folder titled EXPORT and then a PSV folder.
- On my PC I proceed to these forums to Reverends WWF88 pack. I click the zip file and save it directly into the PSV folder.
- I then walk to my room and insert my "ScanDisk Cruzer 1 GiG micro" into the PS3 and head straight to memory card utility and to the usb. I then pray then click and behold "no saved game data"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I need a new USB or computer?
Last edited by kasillas88 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
kasillas88
New Blood

Postby ravenl0rd on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:08 am

kasillas88 wrote:OK, I read this post a million times and I'm still getting "no saved game data" on my PS3. So here is exactly what I'm doing please tell me what I'm doing wrong. :oops:
- I open my usb on my comp and delete all my past college assignments. Make 1 folder titled PS3 and inside that a folder titled EXPORT and then a PSV folder.
- On my PC I proceed to these forums to Reverends WWF88 pack. I click the zip file and save it directly into the PSV folder.
- I then walk to my room and insert my "ScanDisk Cruzer 1 GiG micro" into the PS3 and head straight to memory card utility and to the usb. I then pray then click and behold "no saved game data"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I need a new USB or computer?

Ok, just to confirm, you created the EXPORT folder and in the EXPORT folder you created the PSV folder, right? Also, did you extract the .psv file from the zip or did you just put the zip in the PSV folder?
ravenl0rd
FPC Hooligan

Postby kasillas88 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:13 am

Confirmed PSV in the EXPORT folder and I just saved the .zip file in the PSV folder.
kasillas88
New Blood

Postby Bartlett on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:31 am

well don't put the zip file in the PSV folder. That will screw things up.

Simply put, if you have the file structure PS3>Export>PSV then put the PSV file in the PSV folder. Using Rev'sWWF88 as a reference, you downloaded the conversion from PlayingKarrde. If you are dragging his PS3 folder and dropping it onto your flash in the PSV folder, you're fucking up. Just the PSV file goes in the PSV folder.

Look, delete EVERYTHING on your flash. Download one of Rev's converted PS3 files from PlayingKarrde. Unzip it. Now, take the PS3 folder and put it on your flash.

Plug the flash into the ps3 and it open the device up on screen. It should have the file listed.

If you can not do this and get it working, then I, and the others here, can't help you. I'm not being an asshole I'm just saying its been stated several times before as simply as possible. We can't break this down anymore than it already has.

Best of luck.
Bartlett
Young Lion

Postby Kraemer on Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:20 pm

How do you change a zip file to psv?
Kraemer
New Blood

Postby MrMDK on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:17 pm

...unzip it...

wow...seriously, wow...
Purogamer.com - Purogaming Wiki - Flip Top V-FAQ, Gameshark V-FAQ, Game Info plus more
DON'T PM ME ABOUT MY AVATAR. CLICK THE LINK BELOW!!!
List of my FPC Avatarts
MrMDK
Cougar Bait

Postby ravenl0rd on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:33 pm

Ugh...

Ok, if you have Windows XP, all you need to do is double-click on the zip file. Now you should see a folder called PS3. All you do is grab that folder and drag it to your flash. Do not put that PS3 folder in any other folders. Just drag it to your flash. That should do it.
ravenl0rd
FPC Hooligan

Postby Kraemer on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:35 pm

I have done everything the 1st post had said except when I go to try it on the PS3 it says no saved data. I'm trying this with an SD card. Is the SD card the problem or what?

Never mind I'm in idiot. I got it under control.
Kraemer
New Blood

Next

Return to American FPR Saves