Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

ASPW3, Champion Wrestler, etc...

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Critical123 on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:44 pm

is there any forums or like edits sites any where i found a couple but not much, any good sites out there that you recommend?
Breathe In, Inhale Vapors From Bright Stars That Shine Breathe Out, Weed Smoke Retrace The Skyline.
User avatar
Critical123
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Critical123 on Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:05 pm

Any One :cry:
Breathe In, Inhale Vapors From Bright Stars That Shine Breathe Out, Weed Smoke Retrace The Skyline.
User avatar
Critical123
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby MStyles on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:02 pm

PRO-WRESTLING NOAH

KENTA (Picture)
174cm / 81kg

Head: 2 (0), 49, 12 (1), 56 (1), 2, 0, 0
Body: 1 (0), A18 (26, 16), 0, 0, 0, 0
Equipment: 0, 1 (2), 0, 0, 1 (26), 1 (26), B2 (26, 1)

Mitsuo Momota (Picture)
173cm / 100kg

Head: 1 (0), 39, 3 (0), 90 (0), 5, 0, 0
Body: 6 (0), A1 (2), 0, 0, 0, 0
Equipment: 0, 1 (2), 0, 2 (0), 11 (1), 11 (1), A25 (2, 1)

LEGEND

Haruka Eigen (Picture)
178cm / 110kg

Head: 1 (0), 94, 2 (0), 94 (0), 0, 0, 0
Body: 6 (0), A1 (9), 0, 0, 0, 0
Equipment: 0, 0, 0, 2 (19), 0, 0, A4 (2, 2)

The Destroyer (Picture)
195cm / 135kg

Mask: 1, 16 (2, 3, 3, 2), 0, 0, 0
Body: 6 (0), A1 (3), 6, 0, 0, 0
Equipment: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, A25 (2, 3)

Tiger Jeet Singh (Picture)
190cm / 120kg

Head: 1 (1), 86, 3 (0), 36 (0), 26, 0, 0
Body: 4 (0), A1 (0), 6, 0, 0, 0
Equipment: 0, 1 (2), 0, 0, 0, 0, A25 (0, 2)

Dos Caras (Picture)
178cm / 96kg

Mask: 1, 18 (14, 3, 1, 3), 0, 0, 0
Body: 4 (1), C35 (4, 3), 0, 0, 0, 0
Equipment: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, A5 (3, 3)


This is RyanCE's caws which he posted at a different forum. Sadly, he never added any more.
Image
User avatar
MStyles
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Critical123 on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Thanks can you tell me the forum please
Breathe In, Inhale Vapors From Bright Stars That Shine Breathe Out, Weed Smoke Retrace The Skyline.
User avatar
Critical123
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby RapidFire187 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:11 am

http://www.thenomercyzone.clicdev.com

Lots of CAWS for No Mercy and VPW 2, as well as other games. Most of the good ones are in mod form (meaning you need to be running it on an emulator to play with them) but they also offer traditional CAW templates. Check them out...
User avatar
RapidFire187
FPC Crazed
 
Posts: 4032
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:32 am
Location: Dublin, Georgia

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Critical123 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:08 pm

thanks
Breathe In, Inhale Vapors From Bright Stars That Shine Breathe Out, Weed Smoke Retrace The Skyline.
User avatar
Critical123
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Chainsaw on Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:49 pm

Thanks for that link, too. I recently got the game, and have been trying to get into it, but time limitations have prevented me from digging into it.

I do have another question: Does anyone have any old Gameshark codes for the game floating around? I'm kinda curious what can be done with the game despite the fact that the game's been out for a while. Someone mentioned that there was a translation code for it, but I doubt that to be true.
"We're getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble!"

RIP The American Wrestling Videogame Scene
1986-2008.
User avatar
Chainsaw
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Wonderland on Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:36 am

Chainsaw wrote:Thanks for that link, too. I recently got the game, and have been trying to get into it, but time limitations have prevented me from digging into it.

I do have another question: Does anyone have any old Gameshark codes for the game floating around? I'm kinda curious what can be done with the game despite the fact that the game's been out for a while. Someone mentioned that there was a translation code for it, but I doubt that to be true.


Indeed there are some partial translation codes, as well as some other cool stuff. Check out the forums here, mostly the stickies for the codes.

http://thenomercyzone.clicdev.com/f/ind ... owforum=56

http://z12.invisionfree.com/TheImpactZo ... owforum=67
User avatar
Wonderland
FearTheBeard
 
Posts: 9573
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:23 am
Location: AEnima City, USA

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Chainsaw on Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:27 pm

Wonderland wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:Thanks for that link, too. I recently got the game, and have been trying to get into it, but time limitations have prevented me from digging into it.

I do have another question: Does anyone have any old Gameshark codes for the game floating around? I'm kinda curious what can be done with the game despite the fact that the game's been out for a while. Someone mentioned that there was a translation code for it, but I doubt that to be true.


Indeed there are some partial translation codes, as well as some other cool stuff. Check out the forums here, mostly the stickies for the codes.

http://thenomercyzone.clicdev.com/f/ind ... owforum=56

http://z12.invisionfree.com/TheImpactZo ... owforum=67



Thanks. I'll take partials over nothing right now.

I also have another question. Is there any way to default the cartridge to it's first-time settings. I bought it used, and the guy who had it before moved a lot of the wrestlers around, and I'm not the best at recognizing who's who. So it's hard to figure out which wrestlers are which using the translation guide from GameFAQS, since they're in different slots now. Any suggestions?
"We're getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble!"

RIP The American Wrestling Videogame Scene
1986-2008.
User avatar
Chainsaw
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby tigermuppetcut on Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:01 am

Take care with that since the game, like fire pro comes with most wrestlers faked up, they have the moveset but don't look right and you need to take ages to re-edit their looks. You are much better off taking the time to move them where you want them rather than remake them all!
User avatar
tigermuppetcut
FPC Crazed
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:47 am

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby tigermuppetcut on Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:02 am

However if you really want to I seem to recall you need to do something like hold down the start button and keep it held down, then boot the system up (keeping it held) and you'll get a menu pop up about deletion.

It might be a combo of buttons you hold like Z and start, t's been a while!
User avatar
tigermuppetcut
FPC Crazed
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:47 am

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Chainsaw on Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Thanks. I don't really want to reset their looks, I just want to know who's who for renaming purposes. It's hard figuring out the wrestlers when you have no idea who's supposed to be who. I know basic guys like Misawa, Vader, and the ilk, but some fo these guys I've seen very little of.
"We're getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble!"

RIP The American Wrestling Videogame Scene
1986-2008.
User avatar
Chainsaw
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby tigermuppetcut on Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:12 am

Best thing to do would be to look up their finishers / perform their finishers. And maybe list a few of their more interesting heavy grapple moves (or favourite moves).

Post those here and we should be able to tell you who the wrestler is.

e.g. If you came back here and said a guy has a rolling butterfly lock as his special and his heavy moves include a pulling or cradle piledriver we can tell you it's Masahiro Chono.
User avatar
tigermuppetcut
FPC Crazed
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:47 am

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Chainsaw on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:48 am

tigermuppetcut wrote:Best thing to do would be to look up their finishers / perform their finishers. And maybe list a few of their more interesting heavy grapple moves (or favourite moves).

Post those here and we should be able to tell you who the wrestler is.

e.g. If you came back here and said a guy has a rolling butterfly lock as his special and his heavy moves include a pulling or cradle piledriver we can tell you it's Masahiro Chono.



Ah, good point. I'll look into that. Thanks, man.
"We're getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble!"

RIP The American Wrestling Videogame Scene
1986-2008.
User avatar
Chainsaw
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Chainsaw on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:50 pm

Well, I was really hoping one of the codes would actually fix the CAW menu, but that didn't happen. I think it just translated the exibition match types and that was it. Dunno if I put in the code the wrong way or what. Aw well, back to square one.
"We're getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble!"

RIP The American Wrestling Videogame Scene
1986-2008.
User avatar
Chainsaw
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby jzbadblood on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:14 pm

That's all the codes do.

I would say that if you're familiar with WM2000, VPW2 is the easiest Import wrestling game to navigate.
Xbox Live Gamertag - jzbadblood
PSN - jzbadblood
User avatar
jzbadblood
FPC Veteran
 
Posts: 5995
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Otaku2255 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:40 pm

Pretty much. VPW2 has the exact same menu as WM2000.
User avatar
Otaku2255
FPC Crazed
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 12:36 am
Location: Clifton, New Jersey

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Chainsaw on Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:32 pm

I'm still thrown off by the new stuff that never made it into WM2000, mostly the extra CAW stuff. Not a big deal, just going to take some getting used to.
"We're getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble!"

RIP The American Wrestling Videogame Scene
1986-2008.
User avatar
Chainsaw
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby seanzor on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:00 am

I want to get VPW or VPW2. But before I attempt do so, do they work in American 64s? I read the games are larger or something. Thanks.
seanzor
Young Lion
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:36 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Chainsaw on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:28 pm

seanzor wrote:I want to get VPW or VPW2. But before I attempt do so, do they work in American 64s? I read the games are larger or something. Thanks.


Best thing you could do is to invest in an N64 Gameshark and use that, since it runs the japanese carts with the proper codes, of course. Otherwise, you may have to cut up the cart.
"We're getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble!"

RIP The American Wrestling Videogame Scene
1986-2008.
User avatar
Chainsaw
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Chainsaw on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:21 pm

OK, I'm stymied right now. Since I'm not all that familiar with all of the Japanese wrestlers in the game, I've had a slow time trying to rename everyone. I thought I had worked out a system of figuring out who's who by using the wrestler's faces and matching them up to the names from the CAW Faq. But it seems like not everything matches up. I've run into 3 in-game wrestlers that have Kojima's face, among others, and a bunch of wrestlers don't look correct. For example, the wrestler who has Tanaka's face also has long blondish hair...when did Tanaka ever have that? And another has TAKA Michinoku's face, but blond dreads and he looks beefier that he should. Am I missing something with that? I have reset all of the models to their original looks, and it's still confusing figuring out the wrestlers. Anyone got any other advice for figuring out who's who?
"We're getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble!"

RIP The American Wrestling Videogame Scene
1986-2008.
User avatar
Chainsaw
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby mr.w on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Chainsaw wrote:OK, I'm stymied right now. Since I'm not all that familiar with all of the Japanese wrestlers in the game, I've had a slow time trying to rename everyone. I thought I had worked out a system of figuring out who's who by using the wrestler's faces and matching them up to the names from the CAW Faq. But it seems like not everything matches up. I've run into 3 in-game wrestlers that have Kojima's face, among others, and a bunch of wrestlers don't look correct. For example, the wrestler who has Tanaka's face also has long blondish hair...when did Tanaka ever have that? And another has TAKA Michinoku's face, but blond dreads and he looks beefier that he should. Am I missing something with that? I have reset all of the models to their original looks, and it's still confusing figuring out the wrestlers. Anyone got any other advice for figuring out who's who?


Don't go by the wrestler's default looks. They are in no way an indication of who they actually are. There are actually two really easy ways to figure out who's who.

1. If you notice the faces are numbered from 1-110 ( or whatever the last number is, i forget.) If you haven't moved anybody from their default postion, (i.e. re-organized AJPW so that it reflects its current roster) the faces match the order in which the wrestlers appear. The only kink in this is that the masked wrestler's (Liger, Hayabusa, etc.) aren't included in this order. Their faces are in there but they are towards the end of the face list. If you start with no.1, Giant Baba and work your way down the list of faces, skip the masked wrestlers, and the faces should line up for the most part.

2. If you notice, on a defaults edit screen and as you probably know, there is a number denoting the style of bangs a wrestler has. With a couple of exceptions (Tatsumi Fujinami being the only I can think of off the top of my head right now) the number that denotes the style of bangs is also the correct number for the corresponding face of that default. So for example, Giant Baba's face number is 001 and the number of his hairstyle is 001; Misawa's face: 002, Misawa's hairstyle: 002 and so on. On a default, it'd look something like this (another example, the numbers chosen are arbitrary) The Default for Kensuke Sasaki has the wrong face listed at face no. 050 but with a hairstyle no. 028; change the face to no. 028 and tada! It's Kensuke's face.

But like I said, skip the masked wrestlers as their faces aren't included in that order. They're towards the end of the list with the other AJ wrestlers that did make the default cut like Fuchi, Inoue, Kikuchi, etc. Any other questions feel free to ask. :mrgreen:
you eats it.
User avatar
mr.w
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby mr.w on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:41 pm

Oh yeah, The Blonde, dreaded Taka is Satoshi Kojima. He's got the Koji Cutter for his front finisher but his finisher of choice is set as one of the Running Lariats. :wink:
you eats it.
User avatar
mr.w
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Chainsaw on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:26 pm

Thanks, man. I find it weird that Kojima doesn't even have his assigned face (unless that's another wrestler). The problem is that all of the wrestlers are moved around (I got the game used, that's why everything's off-kilter), so it's hard to get a grasp on who's who.

Thanks for the bangs suggestion. I'll see if I can find a guide to go by.
"We're getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble!"

RIP The American Wrestling Videogame Scene
1986-2008.
User avatar
Chainsaw
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Postby Ringmaster on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:37 am

Chainsaw wrote:Thanks, man. I find it weird that Kojima doesn't even have his assigned face (unless that's another wrestler). The problem is that all of the wrestlers are moved around (I got the game used, that's why everything's off-kilter), so it's hard to get a grasp on who's who.

Thanks for the bangs suggestion. I'll see if I can find a guide to go by.



VPW2 was a licensed All Japan game and Kojima was still working for New Japan which is why he did not have his assigned face right from the start.
User avatar
Ringmaster
FPC Hooligan
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Gabriel Valley, California

Next

Return to Non-Firepro Import Wrestling Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users